The Graduate Certificate in Public Health Nutrition Practice at Appalachian
Do you want to be apart of the next generation of health professionals ready to integrate nutrition into all aspects of public health practice?
The Graduate Certificate in Public Health Nutrition Practice offered through Distance Education at Appalachian will prepare you to understand the role of nutrition in disease prevention and health promotion, dietary assessment, nutritional epidemiologic methods, nutritional physiology and food and nutrition policy.
Learn to promote, develop, implement and evaluate programs and policies that promote optimal nutrition and population health and well-being.
All 15 hours of this graduate certificate seamlessly transfer into Appalachian’s Master of Nutrition, with a concentration in Public Health Nutrition, also offered online.
The Department of Nutrition and Health Care Management at Appalachian State is a member of the Association of Graduate Programs in Public Health Nutrition (AGPPHN).
Distance Education at Appalachian: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Food bank director
- Program officer, food and nutrition programs
- Population health nutrition officer
- Completion time: One year, classes year-round
- Coursework will be delivered online in two formats:
- Asynchronous: Coursework may be completed on the student's own schedule, except for individualized online meetings with the instructor.
- Synchronous: On occasion, course instructors may plan a class meeting in a virtual, real-time classroom setting. In this situation, class meetings will be recorded for those students whose schedules may preclude real-time attendance.
- Additional prerequisite courses (up to 6 hours) may be required if introductory nutrition and medical terminology courses are needed.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.