The online Curriculum Specialist graduate degree at Appalachian
Increase your impact as an educator and take your career further with Appalachian State University’s Curriculum Specialist graduate degree program.
This flexible Distance Education program is designed for practitioners who wish to increase their knowledge and skills necessary to develop a school culture that values diversity and promotes high expectations and achievement for all.
Your studies in the Curriculum Specialist graduate degree program will prepare you to become a curriculum instructional specialist whose primary concern is the improvement of learning opportunities through instructional leadership in curriculum development, instruction and staff development.
Unlock the next step in your career and transform the lives of your students with Distance Education at Appalachian.
Coursework will be delivered online in two formats:
- Synchronous: One evening per week per class, students join their classmates and instructor for a three-hour class in real-time in virtual classroom.
- Asynchronous: Coursework may be completed on the student's own schedule, except for individualized online meetings with the instructor.
Eligibility and application requirements
- All applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- Valid North Carolina “A” level teaching license or equivalent from another state
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed) transcript from each college or university attended
- Resume (uploaded as part of the online application)
- GRE or MAT Test scores no older than five years
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|
Out of State Licensure
Appalachian cannot confirm whether this professional licensure program will meet the requirements for professional licensure outside North Carolina; therefore, prior to enrollment, if you intend to practice in another state, you must determine if this program meets requirements for licensure in your state by contacting your appropriate licensing agencies.
Hear from an Alumnus
“The graduate program in Curriculum at ASU served as job-embedded staff development for me as I transitioned to the role of instructional coach. The classes provided timely information that helped shape the services I could offer to support quality instruction in the classroom.”
– Jennifer Griffin