The online Master of Health Administration at Appalachian
The Master of Health Administration online program at Appalachian State University connects busy professionals with the knowledge and skills to lead health care organizations — without having to relocate.
This degree embodies Appalachian’s mission by integrating the management of rural health and rural care organizations throughout the program of study. As a graduate, you will be prepared to advance your management career in health care organizations throughout the continuum of care.
This Distance Education program emphasizes a “theory-to-practice” instructional approach utilizing simulations and real-life experiences to learn the theoretical concepts essential to lead change and meet the unique needs of health care organizations.
In addition to a strong core curriculum in general health administration, students have two possible areas of focus: health care leadership and health information systems.
Find your purpose-oriented career with Distance Education at Appalachian.
- Mostly online asynchronous course work
- One-to-three classes per semester, year-round, depending on full-time or part-time option
- Students will spend no more than 1.5 days (Friday and Saturday) per semester on the Appalachian campus.
- Completion time: two years (full time) or three years (part time)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 3.0 GPA, OR 2.5 GPA in the last earned degree and official scores at the 25th percentile level from GRE or GMAT.
- have at least two years of health care experience before matriculation or current employment in a health care setting.
- Completed online application to the graduate school
- Official (sealed) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
- Application fee
- Personal statement including career goals and personal experience in health care
- GRE or GMAT test scores no older than five years
- Three letters of reference pertaining to academic ability, professional competence and personal character
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|