Our graduates put education first
There’s a reason Appalachian has education graduates working in every county in North Carolina. Our graduates are dedicated professionals who understand education goes beyond the classroom. They strengthen their communities by fostering the academic, social and emotional development of students with diverse backgrounds and needs.
Your distance education experience will be as a member of a collaborative community that utilizes cutting-edge technologies, diverse research and theory, culturally relevant instruction and robust career-based activity.
Ready to learn more? Explore our growing range of options below.
Online and distance education programs
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) (BS)
- Child Development - Birth through Kindergarten (BS)
- Elementary Education (BS)
- Middle Grades Education (BS)
- Special Education (BS)
- Workforce Education & Development (CTE) (BS)
- Curriculum Specialist (MA)
- Educational Administration (EdS)
- Educational Media (MA)
- Elementary Education (MA)
- Higher Education (MA)
- Higher Education: Education Specialist (EdS)
- Library Science (MLS)
- Middle Grades Education (MA)
- Reading Education (MA)
- School Administration (MSA)
- Special Education (MA)
- Instructional Technology Facilitation Certificate
- Instructional Technology Leadership Graduate Certificate
- Middle and Secondary Teaching Graduate Certificate
- New Media Literacies and Global Perspectives Certificate
- Online Learning and Professional Development Graduate Certificate
- School Leadership Graduate Certificate
Distance Education: Flexibility
Appalachian State University reserves the right to cancel the start of any Distance Education program due to the lack of sufficient, sustainable enrollment (typically 15 for graduate programs and 18 for undergraduate programs). In the event of a cancellation for insufficient enrollment, application fees will be refunded. Refunds will also be issued for any tuition and fees paid by applicants. These refund policies apply only to canceled programs. When program starts are delayed, students may opt for a refund or apply their application to the new semester. If you have any questions concerning this policy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.