The Graduate Certificate in School Leadership at Appalachian
Be the change you want to see. Transform schools to get the best from educators and improve learning outcomes for students.
Appalachian State University’s flexible, online Graduate Certificate in School Leadership program will prepare you to meet the North Carolina state requirements for principal licensure.
Candidates must hold a master's degree in education (or a related field) from a regionally accredited institution and have completed three years of classroom teaching (or have experience in a related area such as media specialist, guidance counselor or technology facilitator). This is a 24 semester hour program and includes six hours of school-based internship courses.
Unlock the next step in your career and transform the lives of your students with Distance Education at Appalachian.
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a master's degree with at least 3.0 GPA from a regionally accredited institution
- have at least three years of public school teaching experience or equivalent experience in other settings (e.g., private school teaching; training in the private sector; etc.)
- have a North Carolina "A" or "M" teacher licensure or the equivalent from another state
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Official (sealed) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
- Three references
- Writing sample
- Application fee
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|