Whether you are a transfer student or you are returning to school to further your career, you will find that applying to programs through Distance Education at Appalachian State University requires just a few simple steps.
Considering a program?
Select your degree type to find out more about our available programs:
Ready to Apply?
- Choose your application:
- Arrange to have your transcripts for all post-secondary schools attended sent to Appalachian.
- Check the program page for specific program requirements
- Log in frequently to ensure your transcripts (and other supporting documents, if needed) have arrived.
- The university’s admissions team will verify that you meet the minimum undergraduate or graduate requirements to be considered for admissions and then forward your application to the college of your intended major. We recommend that you check the status of your admission application online two to four weeks after you submit your application.
- Final decisions are released on a rolling basis. Undergraduate will receive their decision in writing. Graduates will need to respond with their intent to enroll.
If you reside outside the state of North Carolina, familiarize yourself with Online Learning and State Authorization before applying.
If you experience a "stop out" for one or more semesters, you must apply for readmission. Please refer to the Office of the Registrar's Readmission page for more information. If you are interested in returning to a Distance Education program, you should follow the steps below before applying for readmission.
Contact the Office of Distance Education Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to determine whether or not space is available and for assistance with receiving approval from the academic department.
Returning Under the Forgiveness Policy
If you are an undergraduate student and wish to return under one of the University's Forgiveness Policies, please review the Academic Probation and Suspension Policies. When you are ready to apply for readmission, familiarize yourself with the policies in the Catalog/Bulletin. Contact the Office of Distance Education for assistance.
Need more information? Please contact us for assistance with the application process.