The online Master of Arts in Higher Education degree at Appalachian
Appalachian State University’s Master of Arts in Higher Education program invites you to explore the higher education environment across a range of professional perspectives.
Build a foundation on which you can encourage student growth either directly or at an administrative level. Upon completing the program, you’ll have a deeper understanding of the higher education landscape as well as the strategic mindset needed to conceptualize, create and promote the educational possibilities of tomorrow.
Distance Education at Appalachian: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Staff management
- Academic advisement
- Business administration
- The Community College and University Leadership track prepares you for mid- and upper-level management and administration positions in colleges and universities. Click for course information.
- The Adult and Developmental Education track readies you to design, deliver and evaluate educational programs for adults in community colleges and universities, allied health programs, industry, the community and other agencies and organizations offering adult education. Click for course information
This program blends synchronous and asynchronous coursework, utilizing a range of online platforms including Zoom and ASULearn to maximize interaction and engagement.
Eligibility and application requirements
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
- Three references
- GRE or MAT test scores no older than five years
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|
April 1 - Priority Admission