The Graduate Certificate in Appalachian Studies at Appalachian
The Appalachian region spans 13 states and encompasses 25 million people. It is one of the richest and most distinctive cultural regions in the United States.
Right here in the heart of southern Appalachian is Appalachian State University, home to the largest repository of Appalachian books and journals in the world.
If you are ready to connect to the community around you, our online graduate certificate in Appalachian Studies is the program for you. Our expert faculty will provide you with an interdisciplinary grounding in the Appalachian region, including its social, economic and environmental diversity.
Dive deep into Appalachian folklore, music and sustainability and gain insight into the arts, sciences and humanities that comprise this marvelous region.
Distance Education at Appalachian: Keep your life… Change your future.
Ideal for those working as
- Museum curators
- Folklife programmers
- Completion time: One year, classes year-round
- Coursework will be delivered in an asynchronous format
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|