The Online Graduate Certificate in New Media Literacies and Global Perspectives at Appalachian
Knowing how to effectively create, integrate and evaluate new media is paramount to our successful use and incorporation of technology in our lives. No matter your field, new media is a vital part of your industry.
The Graduate Certificate in New Media Literacies and Global Perspectives at Appalachian State University provides you with a diversity of learning experiences, including broadening your awareness of the new media and global education as it relates to its emerging role in industry. Customize your learning to include other areas of interest in educational media and become part of a learning community.
This Distance Education program provides a competitive edge for those seeking employment, or already employed, in areas such as distance education, educational media programming and the global media environment.
Distance Education at Appalachian: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Educational media programmer
- Global media specialist
All 18 hours of certificate credit transfers to the master's degree. If you are a prospective MA applicant, you should formally apply to the degree program prior to reaching nine hours.
Coursework will be delivered online in two formats:
- Synchronous: One evening per week per class, students join their classmates and instructor for a three-hour class in real-time in virtual classroom.
- Asynchronous: Coursework may be completed on the student's own schedule, except for individualized online meetings with the instructor.
- Completion time: one year
- Click for course information
(Note: Not all courses listed may be delivered to Distance Education students. Refer curriculum questions to the program contact.)
Eligibility and application requirements
- hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed or electronic) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
Note: Test scores are not required for this program.
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|