Other Costs & Expenses
Prospective students should plan for costs beyond those associated with tuition and fees. While it is impossible to list all of them, such costs may include:
- The non-refundable application fee (the only exception to this "non-refundable" policy is when a cohort is canceled due to insufficient interest).
- Textbooks (Distance Education students are not eligible to participate in the Campus Bookstore's textbook rental program).
- Course-specific materials as specified by the faculty teaching the course.
- Should online courses require proctored exams, the tests may be given via UNC Online (either through the regular proctoring arrangements or through ProctorU). Many individual proctors and ProctorU charge a fee for proctoring exams. Students are responsible for paying fees associated with exam proctoring.
- The cost of required admission tests (e.g. GRE or MAT for admission to graduate programs, the Praxis I and Praxis II for teacher education majors and licensure candidates).
- The cost of meeting any unique program or course-specific qualification requirements (e.g. T.B. tests required for some programs, health insurance coverage required for some programs).
- Unique, specific software or hardware (e.g. SPSS for statistical analysis)
- Parking fee, if required by the host site.
- The cost of any required up-to-date criminal background checks.
- The graduation fee
- The cost of the cap and gown, if participating in the ceremony.
Dist. Ed. Academics
Dist. Ed. Sites
ASU Box 32054
2nd Floor, University Hall
400 University Hall Drive
Boone, NC 28608