The off-campus Bachelor of Science degree in Special Education at Appalachian
If you want a career working with children of all academic abilities, the Bachelor of Science in Special Education available through Distance Education at Appalachian is ideal for you.
This program leads to teacher licensure in grades K-12. It offers a newly enhanced program in special education with licensure in General Curriculum or in Adapted Curriculum.
Through this Distance Education program, you'll learn the skills essential to working with exceptional students. In addition, this program gives you the knowledge, leadership skills and experience to make a difference in the classroom.
Find your purpose-oriented career with Distance Education at Appalachian.
- Two evening courses, typically, per semester, year-round
- Student teaching is completed during the last semester, full time in a classroom setting
The following are criteria required for entry. After admission, you may need additional transfer hours. The hours delivered by Appalachian and your transfer hours must equal 122 hours by the end of the program.
- Transfer Admission to the university
- Minimum of 30 transfer credit hours
Our convenient Pre-Application Evaluation form will help you determine how your previous coursework satisfies program entrance requirements.
- Before finishing this program, you must also have met Appalachian’s General Education requirements.
- Admission to Teacher Education is required by the end of the first year in the program.
- After class work is finished, you will complete a Student Teaching internship during the last semester of the program.
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|
Join Our Mailing List:
Out of State Licensure
Appalachian cannot confirm whether this professional licensure program will meet the requirements for professional licensure outside North Carolina; therefore, prior to enrollment, if you intend to practice in another state, you must determine if this program meets requirements for licensure in your state by contacting your appropriate licensing agencies.