The online Higher Education: Education Specialist (EdS) degree at Appalachian
Become a change leader on your campus with the Higher Education: Education Specialist (EdS) program. You will dig deep into a variety of topics specific to higher education, setting you on a course to increase your influence in colleges, universities and community colleges.
Manage organizational change and become a creative, effective thought leader at colleges, universities and community colleges. You will learn to promote student success and social justice; strengthen the education of non-traditional and underrepresented students; integrate theory and practice; and assume an educational leadership role.
If you want to lay the groundwork for doctoral studies, up to 30 hours of this program transfer into the Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership program at Appalachian State University. If you are not ready for doctoral studies, the EdS option will allow you to make a dramatic impact on your career trajectory in less time.
Distance Education at Appalachian: Keep your life… Change your future.
- Program director or coordinator
- Various college administrative positions
- Learning specialists
- Multicultural student development
- The Community College and University Leadership track prepares you for mid- and upper-level management and administration positions in colleges and universities. Click for course information.
- The Adult and Developmental Education track readies you to design, deliver and evaluate educational programs for adults in community colleges and universities, allied health programs, industry, the community and other agencies and organizations offering adult education. Click for course information.
This program blends synchronous and asynchronous coursework, utilizing a range of online platforms including Zoom and ASULearn to maximize interaction and engagement.
Eligibility and application requirements
- Hold a master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Completed online application to graduate school
- Application fee
- Official (sealed) transcript from each college or university attended (other than Appalachian)
- Three references
- GRE or MAT test scores no older than five years
|Semester Start||Application Deadline|
April 1 - Priority Admission