Proposed Undergraduate Programs
Find a preferred program(s) in the list below. Click on the program link to review a description of the program, including program specific application deadlines, the distance education admission requirements, and contact information for the distance education Program Manager. Before beginning the application process, please review all of the important admission/application information and requirements by clicking on each of the modules (e.g, Application, Program Requirements, Gen Ed Requirements, etc.) in the left menu bar. When you are ready to Get Started, click on the Application link.
Create an AppConnect account to join our mailing list and learn more about Distance Education with Appalachian State University. You will also receive event invitations, program announcements, and more.
|Program||Major Code||Major||Full or Part Time||County||Location||Proposed Start Date(s)|
|Elementary Education (BS) (PT)||441A||Elementary Education||PT||Yadkin||Yadkin Center, Surry CC||TBD|
|Elementary Education (BS) (PT)||441A||Elementary Education||PT||Wilkes||WIlkes CC||Spring 2016|
|Social Work (BSW) PT||281A||Social Work||PT||Wilkes||WIlkes CC||Fall 2014|
|Management (BSBA) - General||355C||General Management||
|Online||N/A||Spring 2013, Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014|
|Business Education (BS) - Marketing||407B, C||Business Education, Marketing Education||FT||Online||N/A||Fall 2013, Fall 2014|
|Communication (BS) - Advertising||507A||Communication||FT||Online||N/A||Fall 2013, Fall 2014|
|Health Promotion (BS)||509A||Health Promotion||PT||Online||N/A||Summer 2014|
|Nursing (RN-BSN)||563A||Nursing||PT||Online||N/A||Fall 2013, Fall 2014|
|Criminal Justice (BSCJ)||220A||Criminal Justice||FT||Catawba||ASU Hickory||Fall 2012, Fall 2013|
|Elementary Education (BS) (PT)||441A||Elementary Education||PT||Catawba||ASU Hickory||Spring 2014|
|Psychology (BS)||252F||Psychology||FT||Catawba||ASU Hickory||Fall 2012, Fall 2013, Fall 2014|
|Middle Grades Education (BS) – Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies (FT)||470* (B, C, D, E)||Middle Grades Education, *Concentrations: Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies||FT||Catawba||ASU Hickory||Spring 2014|
|Elementary Education (BS) (FT)||441A||Elementary Education||FT||Caldwell||ASU Caldwell||Fall 2013|
|Middle Grades Education (BS) – Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies (PT)||470* (B, C, D, E)||Middle Grades Education, *Concentrations: Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies||PT||Caldwell||ASU Caldwell||TBD|
|Child Development (BS) - BK||524A||Child Development||PT||Burke||ASU Burke - Hybrid; (online and some face-to-face class meetings at Burke Center)||Fall 2013|
|Elementary Education (BS) (PT)||441A||Elementary Education||PT||Burke||ASU Burke||Fall 2016|
|Social Work (BSW) FT||281A||Social Work||FT||Burke||ASU Burke||Fall 2013, Fall 2015|
|Social Work (BSW) PT||281A||Social Work||PT||Burke||ASU Burke||Fall 2012|
|Special Education (BS) - General Curriculum K-12, Adapted Curriculum K-12||478* (B, C)||Special Education (*Concentrations in General Curriculum K-12 and Adapted Curriculum K-12)||PT||Burke||ASU Burke||Fall 2013|
|Middle Grades Education (BS) – Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies (PT)||470* (B, C, D, E)||Middle Grades Education, *Concentrations: Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies||PT||Burke||ASU Burke||TBD|
- All cohort starts depend entirely upon demonstrated interest.
- Typically, promotional meetings (i.e., information sessions) are conducted 5-10 months prior to the beginning of the proposed cohort. The listing of information sessions currently scheduled may be found in the Distance Calendar.
- Where no "year" is given in the Start field, a new cohort is admitted each year in the semester indicated.
- Where no Location or Start date is provided, future locations/start dates have not been set. Please check later for updates.
- Applications should be completed and submitted by the deadline for the semester of entry as the decision to begin the proposed cohort will be made based on the number of applications received or in progress at that time. Applications may be accepted after the deadline but this depends upon academic departmental deadlines and space availability.
- Effective July 1, 2011 federal regulations will require all institutions of higher education (including Appalachian State) that deliver online instruction (whether part of an online or site-based degree program) to have written authorization from the state in which each student resides. If you reside outside of North Carolina and intend to apply to one of Appalachian’s distance education programs, please notify the program manager (see program information page for contact info).
- Review the tips found on this webpage (opens in a new window) for seeking and applying for transfer to the right program and institution.
Dist. Ed. Academics
Dist. Ed. Sites
ASU Box 32054
2nd Floor, University Hall
400 University Hall Drive
Boone, NC 28608