Non-Continuous Enrollment Form and the Criminal Background Check
To remain in compliance with UNC Board of Governors admission policies Appalachian State University is now required to obtain documentation for every gap in a student's education history of four (4) months or more. If you are notified, during the application review process, that you must provide information for such a gap, you should complete the form found via this link: Non-Continuous Enrollment Form. This form is intended to collect the required information in three easy steps.
Please follow these simple directions when completing the online form:
- In "Step 1...Application Information," select "Extension."
- On page 2, select "Add a new record" to begin recording your history.
- A very short form will appear, and you will be given the opportunity to view some examples by clicking on a link. We recommend that you look at the examples before completing the form.
- If you must account for more than one gap, complete the first record and click "Add Record" and then continue to select "Add a new record" until you have covered all gap periods.
- When you have added as many records as needed, simply click "Submit my form."
Criminal Background Check
Criminal background checks are required under certain conditions according to UNC General Administration Policy 700.5.1[R]. All applicants (whether on-campus or distance education) to Appalachian State University should be aware of the following:
- Any student may be asked to submit a "Criminal Background Check" as required by the UNC system. This can add an additional 2-5 business days to the time needed to complete an application.
- All students whose applications become complete two weeks prior to the start of the intended term of enrollment will be required to submit a "Criminal Background Check" as required by the UNC system. Read more about this policy.
- The cost of the background check is borne by the applicant. While you should list all aliases in the spaces allotted for that purpose, you should not list any name more than once as each entry will likely result in an additional charge.
Dist. Ed. Academics
Dist. Ed. Sites
ASU Box 32054
2nd Floor, University Hall
400 University Hall Drive
Boone, NC 28608