Proposed Undergraduate Programs
Turn your passion into a degree with Distance Education at Appalachian. Explore our growing range of undergraduate programs to find the one that is right for you.
Create an AppConnect account to join our mailing list to connect Distance Education with Appalachian State University. You will also receive event invitations, program announcements and more.
|Program||Major Code||Major||Full or Part Time||County||Location||Proposed Start Date(s)|
|Career and Technical Education (BS)||456 B-F||Career and Technical Education - (Concentrations in Business, Finance and Information Technology; Business, Marketing and Entrepreneurship; Technology, Engineering and Design; Trade and Industry; Family & Consumer Sciences)||FT||Online||N/A||Fall 2017|
|Child Development (BS) - BK||510G||Child Development, Birth-Kindergarten||PT||Online||N/A||Fall 2016|
|Communication (BS) - Advertising||507A||Communication||FT||Online||N/A||Fall 2017|
|Communication Studies (BS)||585A||Communication Studies||
|Elementary Education (BS) (FT)||441A||Elementary Education||FT||Caldwell||Appalachian Center at Caldwell||Fall 2016|
|Elementary Education (BS) (PT)||441A||Elementary Education||PT||Burke||Appalachian Center at Burke||TBD|
|Elementary Education (BS) (PT)||441A||Elementary Education||PT||Catawba||Appalachian Center at Hickory||Fall 2016|
|Elementary Education (BS) (PT)||441A||Elementary Education||PT||Wilkes||WIlkes CC||TBD|
|Elementary Education (BS) (PT)||441A||Elementary Education||PT||Yadkin||Yadkin Center, Surry CC||TBD|
|Online||N/A||Spring 2017, Fall 2017|
|Middle Grades Education (BS) – (FT)||470* (B, D, E)||Middle Grades Education, *Concentrations to be determined.||FT||Catawba||Appalachian Center at Hickory||Fall 2016|
|Middle Grades Education (BS) – (PT)||470* (B, C, D, E)||Middle Grades Education, *Concentrations to be determined.||PT||TBD||TBD|
|Nursing (RN-BSN)||563A||Nursing||PT||Online||N/A||Fall 2017|
|Social Work (BSW) FT||281A||Social Work||FT||Burke||Appalachian Center at Burke||Fall 2017|
|Social Work (BSW) PT||281A||Social Work||PT||Catawba||Appalachian Center at Hickory||Fall 2016|
|Special Education (BS) - General Curriculum K-12, Adapted Curriculum K-12||478* (B, C)||Special Education (*Concentrations in General Curriculum K-12 and Adapted Curriculum K-12)||PT||Catawba||Appalachian Center at Hickory||TBA|
- Typically, promotional meetings (i.e., information sessions) are conducted 5-10 months prior to the beginning of the proposed cohort. The listing of information sessions currently scheduled may be found in the Distance Calendar.
- Where no "year" is given in the Start field, a new cohort is admitted each year in the semester indicated.
- Where no Location or Start date is provided, future locations/start dates have not been set. Please check later for updates.
- Applications should be completed and submitted by the deadline for the semester of entry as the decision to begin the proposed cohort will be made based on the number of applications received or in progress at that time. Applications may be accepted after the deadline but this depends upon academic departmental deadlines and space availability.
- Federal regulations will require all institutions of higher education that deliver online instruction (whether part of an online or site-based degree program) to have written authorization from the state in which each student resides. If you reside outside of North Carolina and intend to apply to one of Appalachian’s distance education programs, please notify the program manager (see program information page for contact info).
- Appalachian State University reserves the right to cancel the start of any Distance Education program due to the lack of sufficient, sustainable enrollment (typically 15 for Graduate programs and 18 for Undergraduate programs). In the event of a cancellation for insufficient enrollment, application fees will be refunded. Refunds will also be issued for any tuition and fees paid by applicants. These refund policies apply ONLY to canceled programs. When program starts are delayed, students may opt for a refund or apply their application to the new semester. If you have any questions concerning this policy, contact the Distance Ed Program Manager (contact info below).
- Review the tips found on this webpage (opens in a new window) for seeking and applying for transfer to the right program and institution.
ASU Box 32054
2nd Floor, University Hall
400 University Hall Drive
Boone, NC 28608